Three new D8 migrate related bugs found here in the office and patches submitted! All in a day's work... /cc @MTech_LLC
1 month 1 week ago
Json Migrate-How to…
February 8, 2016
Para poder realizar de manera correcta una migracion a traves de JSON debemos realizar cambios en la configuracion de este dependiendo de los datos que se desean migrar. Primeramente debemos efectuar cambios sobre los campos:
El Id como contenedor de las referencias o valores y Source como la fuente de los valores que queremos recolectar.
In a recent client project (most of my good ideas come from solving client problems), I had the dilemma of exposing an entity reference with-in a standard Drupal FAPI form. It needed to have auto complete functionality to search for a Commerce Product by SKU. I pieced together a solution from nuggets found in several blog and groups.drupal.org posts and from entityreference module.
I like Git way better than all the alternatives. I learn more things about it all the time. Even today, I wondered if there was an easier way to create nicely named patches automatically; and there is. Here's a run down of the more common tips and tricks I've learned.
I had a wonderful chance to partake in an impromptu code sprint at DrupalCon Portland to help with the recovery of Moore, OK. I learned a lot; but more importantly I got to help with something that will have lasting impact on people recovering from the devestation of the recent tornado. At one point, there were 60 developers all hacking together on the same website. Right at 24 hours of development the site was launched. Features-wise, it met the immediate need and provided people involved in the recovery process a means to locate housing and ride-share into and out of the area.
Here's the requirements. You have a parent-child relationship (one-to-many) between two content types. There are three media related fields on these content types. Your assignment is to display the first populated field in a block for a panels managed page.
On a recent project using apachesolr and facetapi I ran into an issue placing the facet blocks using context. We have a fairly typical dev, stage, prod setup. Each of the environment have different solr servers. Facet API uses the environment name or in its parlance, "searcher" as apart of the block hash. That causes an issue because every time you switch environments, the block hash changes and context breaks.
In a recent project, we had some non-Drupal content that needed to be indexed so we could expose that content to the apachesolr module for indexing with all the rest of Drupal created content. There are several options to do this, including crawling using nutch. However in our case, the content is grabbed as xml content from a web service. We already ha an xslt transform to convert it into html content to embed in the site.
I was on a project recently where I wrote tests using Selenium for a Drupal site. I chose Selenium over Drupal's SimpleTest to achieve greater cross-browser support. To get started, you'll need to install PHPUnit and PHPUnit_Selenium. For my example, you'll also want to install Jenkins customized for PHPUnit and Apache Ant. Of course, don't forget to download Selenium IDE for Firefox, selenium-server-standalone-2.x.x.jar and the PHP Formatter for Selenium IDE.
Install varnish per your platform's standard install method. I installed it on a debian based system so I just ran 'sudo apt-get install varnish'.
You'll now need to provide a varnish configuration & vcl that is customized for Drupal. There are some options that should be set when you start the daemon.